Back in May most of you will have received an email from us explaining how osteopaths were seen as key workers in order to reduce the strain on the NHS and reduce hospital visits.
We have recently been given the news that osteopaths remain classified by the government as key workers and that we are therefore able to continue working throughout any lockdown restrictions.
Test and Trace – Advice from the Institute of Osteopathy:
If you are contacted by Test and Trace please do NOT list the Practice as a point of contact at all. Osteopaths have a status as healthcare practitioners operating under public health infection control measures, including the wearing of PPE and should therefore not be listed as a point of contact.
Safety and well being
Your safety and well-being are our number one priority. We are following government guidance and taking all necessary safety precautions in order for us to remain open which includes osteopaths and receptionists all wearing full PPE, checking patient temperatures on arrival and the time staggered appointments to ensure that no patients cross paths whilst in the clinic. We’ve even put carpet protector down in our front treatment room so we can disinfect the floor at the end of the day!
Welcome to the team!
We are delighted to welcome to our team osteopath Elise Evans and acupuncturist Alison Fletcher.
Elise is a general osteopath with a special interest in the dysfunctions of the pelvis, particularly in pregnancy, and also the workings of the ribcage and breathing mechanics.
Elise is available at the Practice on Wednesday mornings 08:30-13:00 and will hopefully be working on Monday afternoons in the near future.
We are delighted to welcome Alison Fletcher to the team. Alison will be offering acupuncture on Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings. To find out more about acupuncture and how it may benefit you then please click here.
And a little reminder from us for when you do visit the clinic:
Please do not attend the practice if:
- You are experiencing any flu like symptoms (high temperature, new continuous or dry cough, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, headaches, upset stomach)
- You have been in contact with anyone who is being tested for or who has COVID 19 symptoms (without having followed the necessary isolation protocols).
- You are in the “high risk” group as defined by Public Health England.
Practice protocols are:
- Wait in your car or outside until your appointment time.
- At your appointment time ring the door bell and we will come and let you in.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided pre- and post-treatment.
- We will take your temperature before treatment.
- Masks must be worn when entering the building.
- Osteopaths and receptionists will be wearing PPE; including face masks, face shields and aprons. We will also wear gloves where appropriate or requested.
- Please use contactless payment via card, Google Pay, Apple Pay or bank transfer if possible.
We are here to help you as best as we can so if you can’t come into the practice please call us with any questions or for advice. We are aware that there are those of you that are still in pain and are unable to access our services as you are currently self-isolating. Just talking over symptoms for a potential diagnosis and advice can help ease pain and worry.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the practice on 01423 561566. We hope you are all keeping well and staying safe.
Chris and everyone at the Harrogate Osteopathic Clinic